Monday, October 13, 2014


Amendment XXVIII

Proposed by Mitchell Holler

                In the course of three months after this amendment is ratified both male and female citizens, ages 18-25 will be required to sign up for selective service. This will only be used in times of war that demand for it as decided by congress. Congress has power to carry out and make laws on this issue as they see fit.

                I feel this is needed because some women say we are a sexist nation and this would make it fair because now we are treating both genders equal. Both genders can enter the army at free will so why can’t both be drafted. Women can be just as good at fighting and if they don’t want to fight there are plenty of peaceful jobs. These peaceful jobs include but are not limited to: Accountant, Civil Engineer, Computers, Engineer, HR, Management, Medical, Psychology, and Public/Foreign affairs and there are still more.

               

6 comments:

  1. I agree with your post. I think that men and women should both have to enlist in the draft. I think that if some women complain about our school, and nation being sexist, they should have to enlist in the draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point. Women want equal rights as men in other things, so why not in the draft. And like you mentioned, they can get jobs in the military that doesn't require them to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this amendment. I think in times of war that both should have to enter the war. I think many people don't realize that there are jobs in the military that don't require you to go fight in combat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the post. If women want equal rights why not let them be in the draft. It is only fair to let women into the draft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your amendment. If necessary at a time of war, both men and women should have to enter. I also think that women should be allowed to work jobs that don't require fighting or battle if they prefer to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that you made a really good point. I think that women should be able to do other things other than enter war though, like a nurse or guard. I believe this is only necessary if needed though.

    ReplyDelete